Sunday, September 7, 2008

TWILIGHT SERIES FAVORITE






Not only do I want to know what book is every one's favorite, I want to know why. So after you take part in the poll, comment on this post as to why. I think it will be fun to see every one's answer.

I have having a hard time narrowing down my favorite. You can't help love the first book because that is what captivated so many of us to begin with. (Vampires living among us, the Edward and Bella love story and who can forget James! The maliciously wicked vampire who wants to destroy Edward and kill Bella.

When I first read Twilight I wanted to be a vampire too! Who knew the perfect man was Edward the vampire!

Then there was New Moon, although having Edward gone for most of the book, which killed me, I have to say this was my favorite ending. I loved the Volturi, Edward ready to sacrifice himself because he thought Bella was dead and Bella risking her life to save him.

Eclipse was maddening because Bella struggled with her feelings about Jacob. He definitely wasn't my favorite, however the struggle between Edward and Jacob felt quite real. I loved that they came together to defend Bella and destroy Victoria how was out for revenge over her lost love Laurent.

Breaking Dawn was fantastic because, I wanted Bella to become a vampire and have her happy ending with Edward. (Plus she didn't pick Jacob, which would have ruined the entire series for me) Although I wanted more of a fight at the end of the book, I'm glad the entire Cullen family made it out alive and did not have to sacrifice themselves to the Volturi.

Overall I am sad to see the series end. This is the most excited I've been about reading in a long time. I'ts nice to have a series of books that keeps you up all night because it is a page turner and you can't put it down. A series that really capivates you becuase of the characaters. Too bad there aren't any real vampires running around....

3 comments:

Tammy said...

How in the world can we pick a favorite! Collectively they were all amazing! I am starting to read them all again. But, I do have to say if I had to pick just one...well...I just can't. How could we not pick the first one because it was the beginning of it all! But the last one...WOW! Okay, I will pick Breaking Dawn. Why? Who didn't LOVE the amazing honeymoon? They crazy pregnancy? They transformation of Bella? When she an Edward could finally really "be" together? The bring together of all the other vampires? The Volturi? However, I was not thrilled with the Jacob, baby situation. I was rather mad! Was I alone with this one? All in all, LOVED them all!

Kacey said...

Twilight was definitely my favorite out of the four. It was, like you said, completely captivating and intriquing and how could you not fall in love with Edward. Loved it! :-)

Erin said...

I really need read those. I need to find time. It's a rare thing these days.