Monday, May 25, 2009

MY LITTLE BOOK WORM


Reagan got glasses a couple of weeks ago. We thought this was going to be a big challenge considering her crazy personality and the process it took to pick out her glasses.

Getting fitted for glasses was not an experience I wish to remember, it didn't matter what Dan and I bribed her with, she did not want to try on more than one or two pairs of glasses. Because she is so little we had to find a pair that wasn't too big on her face. I think it took an hour just to hold her still long enough to find a pair. As soon as we found one Dan and I both agreed that was the pair.

Day one: Reagan put her glasses in her trike bin and we couldn't find them anywhere. After about a 30 minute search we located them.

Since then she has actually done quite well, we just have to watch her and make sure she doesn't take them off in some random place. I guess she has decided she can see better with them. Three weeks and counting as we still have them!

Hopefully the glasses will correct her lazy eye; otherwise we will have to start patching her good eye like we did with Madison. This process will force the bad eye to work. We picked up on her being cross eyed because of what we went through with Madi. Lazy happened because you are far-sided and your brain stops using the bad eye because it can't focus. Glasses should correct that; however sometimes you have to do a little more to fix the problem.

I think she looks stinkin' cute and older too!

3 comments:

Erin said...

She looks very sophisticated for a 2 year old. The glasses are adorable.

Douglas Anderson said...

She looks like a little american girl doll. So cute. I'm glad she is doing so well with them. I hope this works and you don't have to do the patching like you did with Madi.

Tammy said...

She is so cute! I need to get Chase in to the eye doctor too. He has a slight lazy eye. Hayden only wishes he had glasses! He does not leave mine alone! Crazy kid!