Friday, August 14, 2009

COWABUNGA

We celebrated Madison's 11th birthday at Cowabunga Bay! Having a summer birthday, this was actually the first time we had ever done a water party. She was super excited to have her party there, and so was I. I usually put so much time and energy into the kids party, that this was a breeze not having to do anything. I took the day off from work and we played all day.

During the morning we had breakfast with Dan's family and then it was party time! The girls had pizza at the house and each of them were given a beach towel before we left for Cowabunga Bay. Madi and six of her friends had the time of there lives running around the park. We left Reagan with my sister Melissa (For which I am truly gratful) so we wouldn't have to chase her around the park. We rented a cabana and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon soaking in the sun.

We almost had to cancel the party because the day before Madi had a head injury at McKensie's house. The girls were making a fort in the basement and she jumped up and hit her head on the cabinet corner. She bled for at least 30 minutes, her swimsuit was covered in blood and we debated if she needed to get stitches (we probably should have, but after it stopped bleeding we figured she was OK) Looking back at the cut she definitely could of had a few. We worried that having water pour on her head would open the wound, so she had to be extra careful at the park.

Madi also had a stomach ache right before the party and she was on her bed sobbing minutes before the girls arrived. We offered a prayer that she would feel better and gave her some medicine and she was as good as new!

During the party we had cupcakes and ice cream sundaes. Madi received some darling gifts, including some jewelry, purses, watches and gift cards. The girls were darling and had so much fun. I think that was the easiest party I have ever done.

1 comment:

Douglas Anderson said...

Looks like it was a fun party. I should take the boys there. I can't believe Madi is 11. Where does the time go?