I thought it would be a fun treat to take the kids to see the Manti pageant this year and have them learn a little more about the Book of Mormon prophets. The pageant starts really late, so I wasn't sure if they would stay awake; however we ventured out anyway with high hopes. It had been years since I had been to the pageant, so we took blankets just in case the kids fell asleep. The blanket area of the pageant is very small, so we sat on a hill (not the most comfortable place to be), but we did have room to stretch our legs.
When the pageant started, all the kids were wide eyed watching; however as the night went on Madi fell asleep, Dan fell asleep and Jaxson fell asleep. Who would have thought that Reagan being only three years old would stay awake during the entire pageant. Not only did she stay awake, she talked my ear off with questions about the pageant. Here are a few of the things asked about...
"Mom, that angel is scary." (referring to Angel Moroni) I told her he wasn't scary and she then said "Oh, the angel is nice, I like the Angel."
She then started asking questions about Joesph Smith and him praying in the sacred grove. She asked "Mom, is the bush his home?" I told her yes, because sometimes it is just better to agree with her then start an argument because she is very head strong and opinionated. Later in the evening she asked, "Mom, is he said because he can't go to his bush home?"
When Jesus Christ was visiting the America's she kept talking about how Jesus loves the Children and how everyone was coming to see Jesus.
Later in the program, she asked when the Angel was coming back and kept saying "What is the Angel's name again." I would tell her and she would say "Oh, yeah, it's Angel Moroni" (however she would slaughter his name every time she tried to say it.)
At the end of the night I had mixed feelings of joy and astonishment at this little girl was so in tune with what was going on. At the same time I was ready for her to be quiet because she wouldn't give me a moment to enjoy the show and soak it all in myself.
Maybe next time the rest of the family will get to enjoy the entire production as well. I knew going into it that there was a very good chance the kids would fall asleep, I just never thought Reagan would stay up. Overall it was a great experience and I am sure we will be taking the family back again in the near future.



No comments:
Post a Comment