Saturday, April 16, 2011

A ROYAL PRINCESS CELEBRATION

I have been looking forward to Reagan's birthday for quite some time. I love that she is so into princesses, it makes a mom's job so fun!

The birthday party preparations started in February, when I contacted Cinderella to come to her party. Because I knew she would be coming, when I visited my brother in California in February, we made a special trip to Downtown Disney, where I purchased a beautiful Cinderella gown that Reagan could wear to the party.

Having Cinderella come to the party was magical for all the little girls, she taught them to talk like a princess, bow like a princess and eat like a princess. They all practiced chewing with their mouths closed and using their please and thank yous. She also taught them that a princess is always kind. She made Reagan an honorary princess and give her a crown. Cinderella also read them stories (which they all had the answers to), they sang songs and guessed which movies they came from and they all made princess crowns.

After Cinderella left, the girls made magic wands, played princess bingo and ate individual princess cupcakes. When Reagan opened her presents, she hugged each friend and was so grateful (it was darling to see her so sweet). All the little girls received a Cinderella bottle cap necklace and a princess cup filled with Cinderella treasures; including a glass slipper, sidewalk chalk, stickers, princess fruit snacks and a princess ring.

Reagan smiled from ear to ear the entire party, she absolutely loves dressing up as a princess and spending time with her friends. We loved having Cinderella at the party too.

Later that night we had a Royal Banquet for the family. We ate plenty of finger foods, including; little sandwiches, meatballs, shrimp, chocolate covered strawberries, a cheese platter, jello in a cup and more!

All of Reagan's presents were somehow princess related, from Polly Pockets, to dress ups, to hair accessories and a sleeping bag. She tried things on, got into her new sleeping bag and played with everything. There wasn't anything she wasn't extremely excited about and so grateful for. The hugging continued as she hugged each member of the family and thanked them for her gift.

Reagan was very excited about her Cinderella Cake (which took me hours to make). After she blew out the candles, she dug right in, put her fingers in the cake and took a big bite before I could even cut the cake.

I can't believe my princess is four already!

No comments: