Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VALENTINES DAY



We started off Valentines day a little early this year by having a Valentines Day dinner with Grammie and Papa on Sunday. I made chicken cordon bleu with pink mashed potatoes and pink gravy. I prepared some red jello parfaits, and made heart shaped rolls. We ate in the dining room and enjoyed some Valentine's Day Trifle after dinner that Grammie brought over.

On Monday night Dan and I took Madi and Jaxson to the Desert Star Playhouse to see CSI Provo. We laughed and laughed, this was one of the best shows they have done. The kids loved going out on a date with us. Gratefully Grammie and Papa watched Reagan so we could attend the show together.

I had a fantastic time preparing the kids Valentines this year. Using pinterest is awesome and gives me lots of ideas! I made them dynamite out of Rolo's and told them they were the BOMB! I gave them love potion, and Zots for I love you Zotz and Zotz! They also got Valentine socks and crazy/silly string.

Dan got a six pack of Mountain Dew, with a tag "I love you - I DEW, I DEW, I DEW!"

On Valentine's Day I made heart shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast with strawberry smoothies and sent them all to school so I could work.

Later that day I sent Reagan to playgroup with her "Cereal"-sly think your sweet valentines (cereal boxes with conversation heart) and then I arrived at Jaxson's class to head up the Valentines party. We made butterfly pencils, decorated doughnuts, had Valentines sodas and played a few games including, stack the hearts and darts!

That evening Dan and I went out to dinner with some of our closest friends. I had made reservations at Ruth's Chris steakhouse and then we went off to see the movie This Means War. It was an incredible night - great food, fantastic conversation, lots of laughter at dinner and the movie. It was a great way to spend the day (or days) with all the people I love!

No comments: