Monday, August 27, 2012

NEWPORT BEACH

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Picture collage personalized with Smilebox
We spent our last week of summer at Newport Beach in a beach house with "LOTS" of fun friends. The Bentley's Galloway's and Parker's all joined in on the fun. The house was crowded to say the least; but overall things went pretty smoothly. Our favorite time spent was renting beach cruisers and riding along the boardwalk. Jaxson switched off riding bikes and using his roller blades to get around. Reagan had a small bike connected to Dan's, she she just rode along behind him. We also enjoyed having a camp fire and smores at the beach, in addition to getting very messy Balboa ice cream bars at the pier. We spent some time at Ruby's diner getting lunch and shakes. One of the funniest moments on the trip is when we saw a pelican sitting on the pier railing. I told Jaxson to touch him and he was so scared! Dan told him not to touch him because he might bite him, plus he was really dirty. I wanted a picture with the bird, so I kept telling Jaxson to get closer, he inched his way in very slowly. It made everyone laugh. We also spent a day at California Adventure. Reagan and I were lucky enough to have lunch with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto. While the older kids spent some time messing around with their Dad. We all had fun hanging out at the beach and soaking up the sun! The kids spent their time collecting crabs on the beach (and drowning them in buckets of water) They also loved surfing and skim boarding. I think every day we brought half the beach back with us to the house, it is amazing the amount of sand the kids collected in their swimsuits.

No comments: