Wednesday, August 27, 2008

FLIP FLOP PARTY

 Madi had her 10th birthday on August 12th. I think they should call it birth week instead of birthday. It seems the celebrations as a child go on and on and on.

The Friday before her birthday her Nana took her shopping so she could pick out exactly what she wanted for her birthday. Madi really enjoyed spending the time with Nana and being able to shop for clothes! They went to Fashion Place Mall and headed to Limited Too, where everything is in fashion. Madi picked out a darling black glitter skit with a red tank top and white sweater. She also got a pair of shoes. After the Limited Too, they ventured over to Nordstrom where Madi purchased a robe. (She wears it every day) After their shopping excursion, they picked up Grandad and went to dinner. I know Madi felt extremely special and will always remember this one and one time with her Grandparents.

The Sunday before Madi's birthday, we invited my family over for ice cream brownie cake. It was a beautiful night and we enjoyed the weather by playing the bean bag game outdoors. Madi was given some beautiful, hand sewn barbie clothes from her Grammie and Papa and a new book entitled "Daughter of a King". She also received a Justice GC, I-Tunes GC and every ones favorite "money," from her aunts, uncles and great grandparents.

On Madi's actual birthday we took the family to Olive Garden for dinner. It was a short celebration considering the work day and school the next morning. Her favorite presents were tickets to the Carrie Underwood show coming up in November. Madi and I both love Carrie and the guys don't mind her too (considering how beautiful she is) Jaxson likes to call her Carrie Underwear. She also received a new messenger bag for the school year.
The highlight of her birthday had to have been the friend, flip-flop party. Madi and I had been planning this for months. We ordered flip-flop, sun-catcher, picture frames and the girls all got to paint them at the party. We also took every one's picture with Madi at the beginning of the party and had them developed, so the girls could put them in their picture frames. Every girl picked out a pair of flip-flops and ribbon in order to tie their own pair of flip-flops to take home. They turned out super cute and they had a great time listening to the Jonas Brothers while creating their new footwear. (I forgot how noisy twelve, 10 year-olds could be. Wow, they are screamers and I thought little boys were bad!) We ended the party by singing happy birthday with a flip-flop cake. I believe the party was a huge hit. I know Madi had a really good time.
I'm glad it is over... this was a lot of work for mom. But I'd do it any day for my kids!

2 comments:

Stoney and Jen said...

Darling party. You are such a good mom. Hailey had a blast.

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea. You are so creative!! Happy Birthday Maddie.