Well after much thought and consideration, Dan and I finally came to the conclusion that our family needed another source of income so I headed back to work. It makes me sad to know I won't be home to see the kids off to school or when they return home from school. I worry about who will be loving enough to tolerate my busy, busy toddler Reagan. (Nobody loves that mischievous little girl like I do!) I'm going to miss the days at the pool with the neighborhood girls and play dates with all our crazy kids.
The last few weeks have been an adjustment for the entire family. Dan has taken on the role of Mr. Mom or what we like to call the "Manny". Although he is the most loving father in the world, he can't quite get it together. Bless his heart for trying, but men can't multi-task! The house is a complete wreck, Reagan is totally off schedule, laundry (although clean) has been sitting in the laundry room for days waiting to be folded. I'm so busy getting back into the swing of things, that I haven't been much help at home either. I'm exhausted by the time I get home and now I have to think about dinner and cleaning the house. Lucky for me I prepared and made about 15 freezer meals prior to returning to work. It's a good thing, otherwise we would be eating cereal every night because who wants to cook dinner at 7:00 in a dirty kitchen.
Although all the above seem like I am complaining (which I am), I am truly grateful I have the ability to support my family and that I can keep them happy without having to "Rock their World" with a move from our home, new school, new friends, new ward family, etc. I am also very lucky that my previous company AMC, loves me enough to take me back and offer me the same position of VP after I quit 15 months ago. I do count my blessings and if I have to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, so be it! Hopefully my kids will forgive me for not being the best mom, will tolerate my mood swings and yelling as we figure out the best way to get it together.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Don't beat yourself up, Ang. You are doing awesome and your famiy loves you. Keep up the good work!!
I honestly admire you! You are such an amazing mom.
I ditto Jen's comment! Hey and put me on the backup list...if Dan EVER needs help during the day watching the kids and he can't find anyone...just call! :-)
I completely understand. It is so hard, I can only imagine what your's is like. We have toiled with the role switch a ton. Good luck, I wish you the best!
You do a great job at home and at work.
You are a wonderful mom and your kids adore you. I know it wasn't easy for you, but you are doing what is right for your family which makes you even better
Post a Comment