Sunday, August 2, 2009

SURPRISE BIRTHDAY

Dan turned 39 this year! I thought in lieu of having an over the hill party next year, we would have a party to celebrate his last year of youth instead! I wanted it to be a surprise so I sent out evite invitations while Dan was traveling for work. I rented the Riverfront Park in South Jordan and the plan was to have a night of boyish fun and games, including ice cream cones.

Overall things went well, I didn't tell the kids because I know they would ruin the surprise. I ordered a massive amount of ice cream from Fendalls so we could celebrate with fantastic flavors of ice cream and pile up the ice cream cones. Only this actually turned out to be a bust. Fendalls told me they would have the ice cream packed in dry ice and that it would stay cold until 9:00 that night; however this isn't exactly what happened. Their ice cream machine broke down, so they had to deliver the ice cream and in the meantime forgot to pack it in dry ice. So when we served the ice cream cones, it was ice cream soup!

Dan and I were a little late getting to the party because when I got home, Dan was in the basement cleaning up a flood in my craft room for the second time this week. Jaxson (our dear Jaxson) left the hose on, pointed directly at the window well. Due to this unforeseen circumstance we were 30 minutes late to our dinner reservation at Market Street. After dinner we discussed going to a movie; however this was all a trick because I knew we would not be going to a movie. As we drove by the park, I had him turn into the park and then he knew. It was fun to see so many of our friends and family there.

I had a pinata for the guys and pinata for the kids. The guys pinata had an entire roll of duck tape on it. However the pinata was no match for Dan and Brad who eventually broke it off the rope. The kids had a fabulous time with their pinata as well.

It was a great evening spending time at the park, the weather was fantastic and the company was too.

1 comment:

Douglas Anderson said...

It was a fun party and the ice cream was really good even if it was a little melty. I should email you the pictures I took of all the kids messy faces.