I always look forward to Halloween, the decorations, fall weather, picking out costumes for the kids and yummy treats! This year because Halloween fell on a Saturday I was able to spend the entire day with the kids. So I decided to start the morning out right with a good jack-o-lantern breakfast.
I made pancakes with bacon for the mouth, candy corn for the nose and I froze jellie bellies in gummy lifesavers and vanilla pudding for the eyes. Madi and Jaxson could not figure out what they were and didn't want to eat it, but Reagan dug right in (no fear in that child).
Madi and Jaxson both had friends to go trick-or-treating with, so off they went as I took Reagan out. She enjoyed trick-or-treating this year; when we got home she started taking candy from the bucket for our trick-or-treaters and put the candy into her own bucket.
As always we had our traditional dinner in a pumpkin with spiced cran apple juice! No spud nuts this year because Mom was in Denver; however I make sugar cookies instead to make up for it. They were delicious.



No comments:
Post a Comment