Tuesday, January 19, 2010

JOESPH SMITH


On Martin Luther King Day we decided to take Madi and Jaxson to Temple Square for the day. I thought they would like the movie playing in the Joesph Smith Memorial Building about the life of the prophet Joesph Smith.

We started out our day by delighting ourselves with lunch at the Lion House. The kids had never been there and they have delicious rolls, not to mention everything else. As we ate lunch we talked about Brigham Young and how the house we were eating in was his home. We ate far too much - pie, rolls, etc. and then off to the Joesph Smith Memorial Building we went.

The kids learned quite a bit about Joesph's life and what he was able to accomplish here on this earth. The message was quite powerful! I will forever be amazed at what he endured and the faith of this man. I truly believe he was preordained to bring to pass the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I don't believe many people would have had the strength and tenacity of this man to keep going the way he did. In spite of all he suffered he never denounced the truth of what he had seen and been taught. He gave up his life for us so that we could have the gospel in our lives. I am indeed grateful for the prophet Joesph Smith! I just hope my children got a glimpse of what a remarkable man he was!

After the movie we headed over to the visitor center at temple square and learned more about the pioneers and the construction of the Salt Lake temple. We spoke to the sister missionaries for a while and wandered through all the exhibits in the visitor center.

It was an excellent way to spend the holiday. I can only hope that I am teaching the right way to live and what matters most in this life. I am grateful for my family and the blessings it brings me!

No comments: