Tuesday, January 19, 2010

HOOPS and MORE HOOPS

Madi and Jaxson both enjoyed playing basketball this winter. It made our Saturday's a little crazy having two games each day, especially because they were never close together. Madi usually played at 8:00 or 9:00 in the morning and then Jaxson would play in the early afternoon. (Nothing is ever convenient)
Madi got to played with a couple of friends from school (Adalyn and Jessica). This was her first time playing and she really liked it. It was a workout for her that she wasn't used to, running up and down the court. The girls were interesting to watch because most of them didn't have much experience and nobody wanted to touch the ball. As soon as the ball landed in their hands, they were automatically looking for someone to throw the ball to. I'm glad Madi enjoyed playing the game instead of focusing on the win, plus it was nice to get some physical activity in!


Jaxson's games on the other hand were entirely different. It is amazing to me how competitive the boys become at such an early age. It is all about winning to them (although we try to teach him otherwise) I do love the confidence Jaxson possesses, it used to bother me until someone told me that it will go away quicker than it should, let him enjoy the fact that he believes he is superior at everything!

Sports with Jaxson is always entertaining because he is so in to it. The boys on his team are all fighting for the ball and when given the opportunity, it isn't about teamwork, its about being a ball hog. Jaxson is actually a talented player for his age. With Jaxson being my only boy, I am going to enjoy watching his as long as I can. (I know there are still a lot of years left in him, so maybe I won't always feel this way; but I'm glad I do now.)
Jaxson also gets to play with several friends in the neighborhood and friends from his baseball earlier in the year. Even his coaches are his baseball coaches. I believe it gives the kids a good sense of sportsmanship and teamwork, even if they all want to ball. It is excellent associating with the same kids with every sport.

No comments: