In April Madi asked me if we could take a trip to Las Vegas to see One Direction in concert. You see One Direction was not coming to Utah and Las Vegas was the closest place they would be coming in concert. She told me that the tickets would be going on sale later that week and that Hailey was going to talk with her mom about going as well.
I spoke to Jen and we determined that it would be fun to take the girls and decided to get tickets. Dan and I also decided to make a family trip out of it, so we ended up booking our time share in Las Vegas for a few days around the time of the concert in June.
The concert was at Planet Hollywood so Dan dropped Madi and I off and we met up with the Fowlks and the Winterton's for a quick dinner in the Miracle Mile Shops. Before the concert began, we pushed our way through the crowds to purchase 1D t-shirts for the girls and then headed into the arena for the concert.
I have to say these boys are totally cute and it was a lot of fun. One of the things I enjoyed about the concert was their love for doing what they do. I think because they have recently made it, they have a passion for performing and really love entertaining the crowd. Jen, Hailey, Madi and I all had a fantastic time singing and dancing with the crowd during the entire performance. Madi's love for Niall became stronger that night, seeing him jump around the stage!
Exiting the concert was another story, because there is only one way out, it was a crazy mess of girls, I was so excited when we finally made it out in one piece and out of the crowds.
Our time in Vegas with the kids was also fun. We discovered the most amazing crepes at the Paris buffet! A new family favorite! We also took the kids to the Hoover Dam and did the tour - very interesting (although I think Dan and I were more interested in the information than the kids.) We spent a lot of time at the pool and spent an afternoon at Serendipity 3 as well.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment