We spent Fathers Day hanging out with our "DADS." Sunday morning the kids and I got up and made Dan waffles and sausage for breakfast. The kids were so excited to give Dan their gifts they made in school. Jaxson gave Dan a fabulous tie coupon book, full of wonderful surprises; like a coupon to wash the car, a coupon for a walk around the neighborhood and a coupon to take him to ice cream (Dan's treat of course). Madi also gave Dan a coupon book, her coupons were worth a little more (free babysitting, dishes, etc.) My favorite thing Jaxson wrote in his card to Dan was he loved him because Dan helps Jaxson mow the lawn. The interesting thing is Jaxson has never mowed the lawn. Dan and I both had a good laugh.
After church we all sat around the counter doing arts and crafts and making fun treats. Madi and Jaxson both made candy ties with Hershey kisses for all the Dads in our family. They turned out really cute. We attached a cute poem about their Papa and Uncles being sweet!
We had dinner at my Mom and Dads house and had such an enjoyable time, we danced and sang songs with the kids. We also played games, including BINGO. In addition we had several different kinds of pie, including fresh strawberry, key lime and chocolate. Everyone had to had a sample of each. The evening went by quickly as we enjoyed each others company.
I grateful for my Dad in my life, he as always been an example to me and I love him dearly. I am also grateful for the relationship he has with my children, they all have a special place in his heart and you can tell by the love they have for him.
I am also grateful for the wonderful and caring father my children have. Dan is so involved in the kids lives and loves spending time with them (Don't get me wrong, he has his moments) however; he has special bond with each of our kids. They all light up when Daddy is home. He is so much nicer than I am, it must be why they love him so much. Actually I'm sure the love they have for him is because he runs around and plays with them, he takes them places, spoils them and loves them.
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What a cute post - I got teary eyed! That was a fun night at Mom & Dad's! Bring on Bingo & the hokey pokey!!
Post a Comment