
We took Madison and Jaxson through the Oquirrh Mountain temple last week. On the way there we sang I Love to See the Temple. It gave me chills to hear my children singing that song as we drove up to the temple grounds.
We also had a quick lesson and the importance of temples. I asked Jaxson if he knew why we had temples? He told me, with question in his voice "To get married?" I told him he was correct; however there were other reasons we had temples. We talked about how there are many people who have passed away that did not get the opportunity to be baptized, or married in the temple and they are waiting up in Heaven for someone to do the work for them. So they could become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and live with their Father in Heaven forever. We talked about how important it was for us, to do this work for them and how special temples are.
As we walked through the beautiful temple, Madi told me how excited she was to turn 12 and be able to do baptisms for the dead through temple work. I am so proud of her and her desire to do what is right and serve the Lord.
My favorite things in the temple were the beautiful, star shaped chandeliers hanging in the Celestial Room and Sealing Rooms. I also loved the etched windows. On the top floor as you are exiting the sealing room you can see a picture of Jesus Christ through every small circle in the glass. It was amazing!
There is such a peaceful feeling when you go through the temple and when you know it is the house of the Lord. I am so blessed to live in a city where we have two temples within minutes of our home. I am also blessed to be able to give my children the opportunity to go through the temple so they can understand the importance of temples and so they can look forward to entering the temple as they grow older and prepare themselves for missions and marriage.



1 comment:
Beautiful picture! Was glad to beable to go with you.
Post a Comment