Saturday, March 20, 2010

JAXSON 8TH BIRTHDAY

For Jaxson's 8th Birthday we put in an Olympics party! With less than a week to go before the party we had a lot of preparation to do - however we had a great time getting ready for the event. It became a family affair trying to get ready for the party. We had an obstacle course to make, cupcakes, party favors and several of items to finish up.

The first thing everyone did when they arrived at the party was make there own country flag and country name. The kids were all very creative. We listened to the Olympic theme songs and assigned everyone a competitive number for the games. The first event was the obstacle course. The kids had a series of things they had to do to complete the course, including; balance beam, hurdles, jump rope and more. The next event was the tug-o-war, followed by the discus throw and the long jump. We had a 50 yard dash and a 200 yard relay, in addition to a trampoline contest.

During the trampoline event, Reagan woke up from her nap and was standing in her bedroom window naked. I went up to help her and notice she had pooped out of her diaper and there was a log of poop on her bed, in addition to poop being all over her legs, blinds and chair. Madi was super sweet to help out and rinse her off in the bathtub so I could clean up her room and get back to the party. (This was something I was not prepared for or expecting during the party, but we got through it.)

After all of the games, we had torch cupcake cones. I baked cupcakes in an ice cream cone and put ice cream on the top, along with yellow colored cool whip and yellow and orange sprinkles.

All the kids left the party with Olympic themed water bottles and gold medals.

Jaxson loved this party because he loves anything to do with sports! Knowing this Dan and I gave him the following for his birthday, baseball and street hockey gear.

1 comment:

Kacey said...

You should seriously consider becoming a party event planner...you always ALWAYS have the cutest ideas for parties!

Loved catching up on all your posts...I especially loved your dancing in the rain. That quote is awesome. I'm so glad you shared that!

We miss you guys!