Sunday, March 28, 2010

JAXSON'S BAPTISM

Jaxson has been looking forward to his baptism day for a long time, he was extremely excited about this opportunity to become a member of the church and receive the Holy Ghost.

On Jaxson's actual birthday we had the privilege of meeting with the Bishop for Jaxson's baptism interview. We were actually in his office when Jaxson turned 8 years old. Jaxson thought that was awesome and we paused and sang Happy Birthday to him.

On Saturday, March 27th 2010, Jaxson was baptized and confirmed a member of the church by his father. Below is a transcript of his blessing:

Jaxson Daniel Galli, by the authority of the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold we confirm you a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and say unto you receive the Holy Ghost. Jaxson at this time we pronounce upon you a blessing, a blessing that will help guide you through the coming years. A blessing that will help you live your life. Jaxson, we bless you with the knowledge that you are a child of our Heavenly Father. That you are a member of His true church. Jaxson you have been blessed with the gift of the Holy Ghost, and through your righteousness as you go about your days you will have His constant companionship to help you to know the difference between right and wrong. To help you to make choices with your friends, with your school, and with your family, and in your daily life. Jaxson, we encourage you to use this power. Jaxson you have also been blessed with an open heart and an open mind. You have a knowledge of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Jaxson, you can be an example to all those around you. You are blessed with a great personality that you can use to enrich and enliven the lives of all those who you'll come in contact with. Jaxson I bless you with the ability to know that the choice you made today is the right one. These blessings and all those other blessings that our Heavenly Father sees fit for you this day we leave upon you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Jaxson wrote down some of his own feelings the day of his baptism. Below is what he wrote:

On my baptism day I felt great. I'm glad my family was there to support me. I am glad my Dad got to baptize me. When I was in the water I was excited and the water felt warm. I felt really good after i got the Holy Ghost. I felt really clean. Scott and Papa were the witnesses and when it was over we all went to my house for a party. My Nana gave me a special towel for my baptism and my Mom and Dad gave me a set of scriptures. When I received the Holy Ghost this is who stood in the circle; Dad, Papa, Scott, Chip, Brad Jones, Bishop Pike and Richard. It was a great day.


We are so proud of Jaxson and for the decision he made to get baptized. Even his little sister wants to be just like him. On the day of his baptism, she kept saying she was going to get baptized too. We kept telling her that when she was eight years old she could be baptized just like Jaxson. Her response was I am eight years old! When Jaxson was finished getting baptized, Reagan said "Ok, now it's my turn." Jaxson is a remarkable young man and I am so lucky to me his mother!

No comments: