We took our kids to Chuck-E-Cheese Tuesday night and what an experience it was. Dan had promised the kids earlier that month that we would go, (it was a bribe for us to be able to go out without them and have them stay home with the babysitter).
This was not our first experience at Chuck-E-Cheese, but I hope it was our last! We ordered our pizza and tokens ($45.00 later) and proceeded to play games while our dinner was cooking. A 1/3 of the games were broken and then 1/2 of the games that were working, would not work properly, take your token or not spit out any tickets. The whole point of Chuck-E-Cheese is to be able to get prizes with your tickets at the end of the experience so everyone goes home happy!
As our pizza arrived, we realized it was doughy in the middle and sent it back for a new pizza. The kind employees gave us some more tokens for our inconvenience (yeah). When our new pizza arrived, it was still doughy. Rather than send it back again, we ate it anyway. While eating dinner the puppet show came on, it was really exciting, especially when you can't hear it because the volume is set on mute!
After dinner the kids proceeded to spend there tokens, the faster they get rid of them, the quicker we get out of there.
During the middle of the token finale, Jaxson got one of his migraine headaches, but still wanted to turn in his tickets for a prize. He was about to vomit when I sent him to the bathroom and told Dan to follow him in. The great thing about the bathrooms at Chuck-E-Cheese is they have an automatic flushing system. As Jaxson was kneeling over the toilet to throw up, the toilet kept flushing which sprayed toilet water all over his face. Dan had to wash his face off before exiting the bathroom. We then proceeded to turn in his tickets to the ticket machine counter, 3/4 of the way through we noticed the machine was not counting his tickets. At that point I pressed the receipt button, however the ticket machine stopped working completely and would not print a receipt. We went up to the counter and told the prize lady about our experience and she was kind enough to give Jaxson a blow up sword worth 200 tickets and a barf bag for the ride home.
At this point I told Madi we needed to go because Jaxson was not feeling well, she still had tokens to use, so she decided to use the remaining tokens on a basketball game, which actually spit out a lot of tickets. While playing the game, someone knocked over her ticket cup and spilt them all over the floor, all the kids around her decided the tickets were free game and stole them all! When Madison was done playing she realized her tickets were gone and began sobbing. I still had some tickets left over from the other kids and told her she could have them and that it would be OK. (During this time Jaxson was laying down on a bench trying to rest.) She put herself back together and ended up leaving the prize counter happy with a chap stick and candy.
To sum it all up; doughy dinner, malfunctioning games, stingy tickets, broken machines, crying kids, sick kids, toilet water in face and stealing. The only redeeming quality was the nice lady behind the prize counter. I think it was a pretty fun family night. LET'S DO IT AGAIN SOMETIME SOON!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh, I so sorry about the bad experience. Doug and I hate that place mostly because it is dirty and parents don't watch their kids.
Seriously, sorry I'm laughing my head off at your expense, but that was hilarious. Only after the fact though.
Boy am I glad I left early!! I had no idea how the evening crumbled to pieces! Our worst experience of the night was Cash being pushed off the merry-go-round by another kid! Sorry yours was so terrible & sorry I laughed out loud as I read it! ha ha!
Angela, Thank you for my big laugh for the day. I'm so sorry that all happened but I could sooo picture us in the same situation! What a good Mommy and Daddy you guys are!
Post a Comment