Dan and I had never been to the Stadium of Fire before, so this was a fun experience for the whole family.
They opened up the show with the Air Force parachuting in to the stadium and bringing a HUGE flag onto the field for the pledge of allegiance and national anthem. Before the entertainment began, they brought in several families of our troops serving in Iraq to join the celebration. They had a satellite set up and some of the families actually got to talk with their spouses and Dads. It was very touching being there and knowing there are people willing to serve to protect us and to protect the freedoms that we enjoy and take for granted every day. (One of my favorite parts was when one of the soldiers held up a Utah jersey for everyone to see and chanted "Go Utes". Being in the BYU stadium, it was awesome.) The Blue Man Group performed, which was Jaxson's favorite part. They were funny, however I think we lost some of the humor being is a big outdoor arena. I think I would perform to see them up close. Miley was a huge hit with Madison, she was dancing and singing along to most of the songs! The fireworks were my favorite part! It was amazing that most of the fireworks were shot off from inside the stadium. We had ashes falling all over us! The music for the firework show were all from big movies, such as; Indiana Jones, Rocky, ET, Titanic, etc. Only the finale was patriotic songs! The air was full of smoke and Dan did not enjoy that but I thought it was amazing. The other great thing was it only took us an hour to get home! What a fun experience, next year we will however be back at Sandy City.
Monday, July 7, 2008
STADIUM OF FIRE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Sounds like you had a lot of fun.
That sounds like so much fun. I love that a soldier held up a UTAH jersey. That is awesome! :)
Post a Comment