Thursday, July 10, 2008

POKA DOTS


I have wanted to paint the kids playroom for quite some time, however I always found that I had an excuse to do something else instead. (PRIORITIES - go figure) Well, I finally broke out the paint bucket and some very tall ladders a couple of weeks ago and this is the end result! It only took me about 3 coats of paint in each color, waiting for nap time, working well into evening hours after everyone else was asleep for about 4-5 days.

In the middle of my painting job, my darling, little, mischievous, Reagan decided to do some painting herself. It all happening one morning after I left the red paint out on the table, I was in between coats and was waiting for the paint to dry. I asked Jaxson to shut the door behind me, however he didn't. Reagan decided to shut herself in the playroom by closing the door behind her. As I walked across the hallway into my room I looked over at the door to make sure it was shut (and it was), little did I know Reagan was already in the playroom. Her favorite thing to do right know is climb on chairs and tables. After a few minutes had passed, I heard Reagan crying, I knew without a doubt where she was and ran across the hall into the playroom. Sure enough she was standing on the chair mixing her hands around in the red paint all over the table and keyboard. I would have taken her picture, but I was too worried about getting the paint off her and the rest of the playroom before it dried. What a sight to see, and I knew it was going to happen before it did. I can't entirely blame Jaxson for not shutting the door, I should have just put the lid on the paint can to prevent it. I was able to remove the paint and lucky for me, she did not even get a drop on the carpet!
I'm glad it's done, other that a few decorating items on the walls. The kids love it and I think it turned out pretty cute as well.

3 comments:

Kacey said...

Good job...love the polk-a-dots! (and your girl's camp post was awesome!)

Melissa said...

Oh...Reagan!! She is a handful!!

The playroom is Super Cute! You are always very creative!

Anonymous said...

This turned out so cute! Don't you just love polka dots! Can't wait to see it!