Thursday, November 27, 2008

GIVING THANKS...

I have to admit, I haven't been looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday much this year. Its been a year of ups and downs and sometimes it's hard to be grateful for what you have, because you tend to focus on the negative things or trials in your life. I know I take for granted the blessings in my life too often and don't appreciate the joy this journey brings. I also know there must be opposition in all things in order to know the good from the bad, but sometimes like most people I want to just experience the good! I am grateful for the holiday season, so I get the chance to reflect on what is most important in my life and for the opportunity it give me to ponder all my many blessings.

I am blessed to have in my life a loving and healthily family. One who welcomes me home each day with open arms and childish grins because they are happy to see me.

I am blessed to have forgiving children, who don't dwell on your mistakes but love you unconditionally. Children who are content just to have a minute or two of your time to make them smile.

I am blessed to have a husband who truly loves me no matter what mood I am in. A husband who understands me and let's me be in charge with my strong personality. Someone who puts me and my children first and knows that if we are happy, that is enough for him.

I am blessed to have a crazy toddler running around my house non-stop, creating a disaster where ever she goes. For someone you didn't plan on having in your life, she sure fulfills it! A child who makes us laugh everyday with her husky voice and mischievous personality. A child who wraps their arms around you after a hard day and it makes everything better.

I am blessed to have a wonderful and stressful job. One that I know is stable and will provide for my family. A job where my talents are put to good use and I know I can help others grow. A company where they appreciate me and want me leading there team.

I am blessed to have a beautiful home. A place where you feel safe and warm and protected from the outside world. A place you love coming home to, because your family and reminders of your family are there.

I am blessed to have loving and thoughtful parents who live down the street. Parents who welcome our visits at anytime of day or night and love being around our family. Parents who play with our children and love being involved in their lives.

I am blessed to have a handful of the best friends anyone could ask for. Friends you could tell anything to and who will not judge you. Friends who will cry and laugh with you depending on the day. Friends who brings so much joy into my live and aren't afraid of letting their hair down. Friends I can travel with and you look forward to the vacation.

I am blessed to live in the best neighborhood and ward possible. I couldn't imagine my life or my children's lives not being here. A neighborhood where you feel safe and there are friendly faces everywhere you go.

I am blessed to live in the United States of America, where we have so many privileges that others in the world do not. Where we get to enjoy freedom and all the things that come with freedom.

I am blessed to have the Lord in my life and the comfort of knowing where I cam from and where I am going. I am blessed to know that families are forever and that my Heavenly Father loves me. Thank you for giving me everything!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I loved reading what you said today! You have a great family! Your kids are so cute! I know I told you already but Jaxson is so cute! He is such a good boy! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! and your guy's New York trip looked awesome!

Tammy said...

That is beautiful Ang. I am truly Thankful for you and your family, whom I love very much. I am thankful and blessed to have your friendship as cousins, like sisters and family. I love you!

Melissa said...

I loved reading that! You put it so beautifully! I want you know how grateful I am for you! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that Angela. You are wonderful and I am thankful for your friendship. I love your cute family too!!

Jolynn Jones said...

Wow. That was beautiful. I love you Angela you are an amazing friend. Sorry I am late in reading this!!