Thursday, August 5, 2010

HILL AIR FORCE MUSEUM

 
Posted by Picasa

I have had on my list to do to take the kids to the Hill Air Force Museum, I have never been there myself and while planning some of our summer activities for the kids i came across this exhibit and found out it was free. I knew Jaxson would get a kick out of it, so during the week Madi was a girls camp decided to make the journey up to Layton. Dan took the afternoon off so we could go as a family.

The museum was very informative and had so much to see. The kids loved the big planes outside! I loved reading the information about all of the planes and what they were designed for. The most interesting thing I read was when we were looking at all the uniforms through the years. There was one uniform where the pilot wore a pirate patch. The reason he wore the patch was to protect one eye in case of a nuclear blast. This way the pilot could remove the patch and continue flying with one good eye.

Both of the kids got to dress up in flight gear and get in some simulators.

After the museum we went out for lunch at the Olive Garden. We were all starving because it was late, so it tasted fantastic!

No comments: