Monday, August 2, 2010
DAN'S 40th BIRTHDAY
I cant believe I am married to someone OVER THE HILL! This means it is around the corner for me and I am not ready to be 40 yet. (I guess I still have five years, however time goes by so quickly).
Dan attended a seminar on his birthday, so the kids and I took the liberty of decorating the garage to mock him of his oldness. We put up several banners with over the hill jokes. My favorite one was: "If you were a horse, they would have shot you by now!"
The following day (because he wasn't around for his birthday) we celebrated with our neighborhood friends. I spent the afternoon baking in honor of his birthday. We had to have an array of goodies representing 40! I made black cupcakes with suckers in the middle that said "40 SUCKS!" I made Oreo's and Rice Krispie treats with black sugar and Rolo cookies. Plenty of our neighbors brought treats as well, so there was mounds of goodies to eat.
Dan received a few gifts in honor of his birthday. The Parker's gave him an over the hill hat. The Winterton's told him if they were 40, they would start drinking and gave him a game of beer pong as a joke.
Happy Birthday Honey - I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment