So we left my parents in charge of the children and went out on a date with Jared and Erin while they were in town. Madi usually babysits for us; however she had plans with her friends, so they agreed to watch Jaxson and Reagan while we went to dinner and a movie. We had my parents bring the kids back around 10:00 after Madi got home, so they could go to bed.
Saturday morning Reagan comes running into our room and tells us that she has a black eye. I didn't have my contacts in, so I couldn't quite see what she was talking about and thought she was making it up anyway. When I was able to focus, there it was, a big shiner in her left eye. When we asked her what happened and she told us that she ran into the piano bench. I guess she had been turning off the lights and then ran straight into it, in the dark. I am assuming when she made contact with the bench, she fell onto the corner, which is what blackened her eye. Her eye was black and blue from the inside corner, all the way around. Not to mention swollen as well. The rainbow of colors we saw throughout the coming weeks around her eyes were beautiful; Reagan and I would comment on them as we were doing her hair each morning.
The great thing about her eye was Reagan had tumbling pictures a few days later, I was able to cover it up pretty good with makeup and the pictures turned out better than I hoped.
I guess this is my dad giving us a clue that they don't want to babysit or be in charge of the children anymore. I guess this is what happens when you leave the grandparents in charge. I told people that my dad gave her the black eye a few times and Reagan got so upset with me.
Her black eye lasted over two weeks. (Her eye is still not quite back to normal to this day as is is still bumpy and and swollen where she made direct contact with the bench - and it has been nearly a month.)



No comments:
Post a Comment