Friday, March 23, 2012

JAXSON'S "ROCK"- ING BIRTHDAY

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free slideshow design

I had a fabulous time preparing for Jaxson's 10th birthday! He decided he wanted a rock climbing birthday,which I was very supportive of, I had been so busy recently with work and other responsibilities that the idea of not having to plan the birthday party was awesome (which is very unlike me.)

I checked out several places and we decided on Life Time Fitness because we could schedule the party during a time the rock climbing wall was closed to the public and we would have the entire place to ourselves. So my job included getting the invitations out, making cupcakes and putting together the goodie bags!

We had everyone come directly to the gym for the party and I was able to decorate the party room with green and charcoal decorations and balloons. The kids all enjoyed the 1st hour or so of the party rock climbing. It wore them all out so it was perfect to serve them pizza right after.   All of the boys did an incredible job climbing the wall and were so polite and well behaved throughout the party. Even the party hosts commented on what a great group of kids it was. Reagan had a blast too and had no problem getting up the wall. She has already decided that her 6th birthday will be a rock climbing party.

After pizza and soda Jaxson opened his presents and tried guessing who each present was from as his eyes were closed and back turned to the wall.  It was pretty funny to have the boys come up with different accents to say happy birthday.  

The party hosts were also so accommodating and when I got up to help serve the pizza, they said "No, No, you sit down, we'll do this." I have never had a party where I couldn't do anything - IT WAS AMAZING!

We ended the party by serving"Rocky Road" cupcakes. I made chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, then added toasted marshmallows and chocolate rock candy on the top. DELICIOUS!

The boys all played basketball until their parents came to get them. I sent them all home with a nylon, drawstring back pack, that said ROCK ON. It was filled with all sorts of rock climbing goodies, including; trail mix connected to a carabiner, bottle water, pop rocks, air heads and a rock bouncy ball.

This was by far the easiest party I have ever done!

No comments: