Saturday, March 10, 2012

VOCAL POINT


Dan and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary yesterday! Wow, that is a long time! We would have loved to have gone on a cruise to celebrate (I found one for $452 per person, that went to the southern Caribbean for seven days) however, we did not have the funds to go on a trip, so I started thinking about what we could do to celebrate. Obviously a date night was in order, but I wanted to do something than the usual dinner and a movie. I started looking around at all the productions shows going on and there was nothing. Then I remembered that the group Vocal Point was performing. Unfortunately because I had waited until the last minute, tickets were sold out. I came across some tickets on KSL for second row and thought for sure they must of been sold already. To my great surprise the guys still had the tickets and was willing to sell them for face value. His wife ended up going out of town and he couldn't use the tickets.

I was so EXCITED to watch them perform! I loved their performances on the Sing-Off and felt that they should of won the show. It was really entertaining to watch them in person, because I sort of felt a connection to them watching them on TV (even though I really didn't know them). Some of the performers had changed since the show; however my favorite performers including; Jake and McKay were still there! One of the most exciting parts of the evening was when Tanner the beatboxer did a solo on stage. I could not believe or explain the sounds that came out of his mouth. Needless to say he is AMAZING! Apparently he won first place in a international competition last year and I am not surprised. The group sang several of the songs they sang on the Sing-Off, including my favorite, The Way You Look Tonight! Another fun part of the evening was when the base Robert started talking just like Elmo and then said he wanted to sing with the guys, he asked what part does Elmo sing, and he replied with a very low voice "Base!"

After the show Dan and I went to the Olive Garden at 10:30 for some appetizers! I really had an enjoyable time - what was most enjoyable was spending the evening with my wonderful husband, who I love and adore!

No comments: