Saturday, March 1, 2008

FRIEND CRUISE 2008



TOP TEN MOST MEMORABLE CRUISE EXPERIENCES...
10. Delta lost Angela's luggage! To this day we still do not know where it ended up, however it was forwarded to Aruba on Tuesday, 48 hours later. Luckily for me I did have a pair of flip flops and a swimsuit in my carry on bag. The worst part about this experience was not having underwear. I did happen to find some panties on the cruise ship, however they were about 5 sizes to big. I was definitely wearing granny panties for a couple of days. I also missed my dress on the first formal night. I had to borrow one from a friend. THANK YOU JOLYNN!
9. Being Captain of the winning sailboat Stars and Stripes! While in St. Maarten we decided to go sailing. As we were getting ready to board the ship, I got extremely nervous about being sea sick. Our guide noticed and decided to make me one of the captain's for the day. Our team won the coin toss, so we were given the choice of what boat to sail on. Of course we chose the America Cup winner - Stars and Stripes. As we boarded we were all given job titles and assignments. (primary grinders, main sail turner, etc.) We were all so busy actually sailing the ship, that I didn't get sea sick, however Stoney did! The best part about the race, was we came in 1st place! St. Maarten was beautiful and I would love to sail again sometime soon.
8. Men's dodge ball team! On our first day at sea there was a dodge ball tournament. Dan, Stoney, Brad, Ryan, Bruce and Ray decided to form a team. They called themselves The Rocks! During the double elimination contest they were able to defeat many teams in order to secure a spot in the finals. Unfortunately they lost the winning game to the other Utah team and proudly took home the silver medal. Because of their winning record they were also chosen to play against the Captain and his Adventure of the Sea team later that week.
7. All you can eat dining room! I'm sure our waiter Joesph loved us, with all our many requests. I for one requested a bowl of fresh berries every night. (It was delicious.) When shrimp was on the menu, Jolynn ordered two. Most of the men at our table had to entrees every night, Ryan sometimes had three. After the main course came the request of mint tea for Brad (to help with the over eating) and the hot chocolate for Stoney. Many of us jumped on the ban wagon for these items as well. And then came the dessert, because this is the best part of the meal, I believe we all ordered two or three each night. Ryan didn't you order four? After three entrees and four desserts you would think his plates would have some leftovers, but no they were always clean at the end of the night. I can say we never left the table hungry.
6. Do you like good music! During the second evening of entertainment we were lucky enough to have been in the presence of Mr. Sean O'Shea. He was a singer impressionist and boy did he make an impression! Not a good one, I must say, unless you like watching the prince from Shrek. He even had the head, hair flip down, which he was very proud of. After every impression he would sing, "Do you like good music." This stuck with us the entire cruise and became a popular saying throughout the week. When we sang this, it was our way of making fun of someone else. We were also lucky enough to have our picture taken with Sean O'Shea! I think us girls made his day.
5. Egyptian, Egyptian, Pump it, Pump it, Roll it up, Roll it down, Ma-ce-ren-a, Shake it, Shake it, Shake it, Turn! This was the line dance Jen and I learned in the swimming pool to Feeling Hot Hot Hot. One evening at the late night deck party, everyone was going or had gone to bed. We were just about to head in for the night as well, when our line dance song came on. We couldn't help but dance to it and we stayed out dancing for another hour! It gave us our second wind. We danced and sang the moves to this line dance all week long. I don't think I will ever forget it.
4. Maghen's Bay! I have never been to a more beautiful place in the world. This is the third time we have been to Maghen's Bay and it is just as breathtaking as the first time. With it's fine, white sand, beaches, crystal clear, blue, water (you can actually see fish swimming), no wind, 80 degrees and sailboats in the distance, it is truly a paradise!

 3. Adam Ace! Adam was the comedian on the ship who performed the first two nights! I don't think I have laughed that hard in years! He was hysterical and every single one of us was rolling. He took a liking to our group and made a point to call on some of us to help with the show. Stoney and Brad both got to be participants. We even sat down with him after the second show and talked for an hour. We must of been on the same page or just watching the same people because a lot of his jokes were things we had already been commenting on during the first couple days of our cruise.
2. Brad Jones P.J.'s! On Valentines Day after dinner, Brad decided to parade in his one piece, footie, sleeper, around the ship. What made this the best was watching him keep a straight face, because the rest of us couldn't. Everyone we walked by did double takes and couldn't believe their eyes. One gentleman refused to get in the elevator with us. We finally made is down to Jester's Night Club where we all danced around him in the middle of the dance floor. I literally peed my pants I was laughing so hard. The faces he makes while he dances are unbelievable.
1. Friends and Laughter! The one thing I miss most about the cruise is laughing all day long. What a fun group of people we went with. I would go again in a heartbeat, if given the opportunity. Good times include renting scooters in Curacao, rope swing in Aruba, singing Chubby Checkers in the hallway, late night talks with the girls, spa accents (Yen and Yo), Brad hurting his wrist playing shuffle board, Jolynn breaking her toe dancing, floating in the ocean at St. Thomas, playing Old Margarette in the game room, the Empress, Stefano and Gordon, talking to Jen and Stoney through our shared cabin wall, Brad stealing all the girls, buying purses at the flea market and afternoon ice cream cones. I will have great memories of this cruise for years to come and most importantly lasting friendships.
 
 
   
 
 
 

2 comments:

Kacey said...

I'm so glad you posted pics of your trip. It looks like you all had a serious blast!!! Everyone looks SO tan (and a little pink too) and I love your evening wear dresses. HOT!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! We definitely should have been there with you - and not taking care of your kids! ha ha!