I was definitely ready for spring break to be over on Monday, March 24th. On Saturday, March 22nd, I went out side to check on Dan (who was putting together Jaxson's basketball hoop. Bless his heart it took him 5 hours to complete.) As I was outside I noticed Jaxson trying out his new pogo stick with his Heeley's on. Needless to say he wasn't succeeding because he could not put his feet flat on the pogo stick due to the wheel in his shoe. I told him to change his shoes and not to wear his Heeley's again while playing sports. The following evening we went over to the Murphy's home to visit, as we were walking up to the door, Jaxson decided to run in his Heeley's in the dirt and try to jump up on the sidewalk to Heeley. He turfed it hard, right on his face. As he came up from being flat faced on the sidewalk, his nose was bleeding, his eye was swollen and his hand and face were both scratched up pretty bad. Our good friends doctored him up with some wet rags and ice packs and the next morning we discussed some of the new rules about Heeley's. No Heeley's inside the house, parking lot, on porches or playing any kind of sport. Because the kids were out of school, I thought it would be fun to take them to a matinee. As we were getting ready for the day I noticed the bath tub had brown CRAP (literally) all over. I knew this just had to happen because I had cleaned the entire house prior to Jaxson's birthday. I had a feeling this was a Jaxson issue. I called him into the bathroom and said. "Before I ask you this question, I want you to think about telling the truth." We have also had problems with Jaxson lying recently. "What happens if you lye?" "I get in trouble," he said "and you will take away my game boy." I continued by saying "Did you poop in the bathtub yesterday?" He told me yes and then calmly I told him that poop will make us sick and that he is now dirtier than before his bath. I asked him if he wanted to throw up for days like he did last summer because poop is what made him sick (swimming pool experience last year). I don't know what it is, but for some reason he is not afraid to touch his poop. I told him he needed to scrub the tub and handed over the scrub brush. This took him over 1/2 to scrub. His poor little arms got quite a work-out and he told me he was never going to do that again. I said "Good, because I will make you scrub the bathtub every time." We got off late to the theater and by the time we got settled in with out treats the movie had started. Immediately after we sat down, Reagan knocked over my 32 ounce root beer all over the floor in a big puddle. She then started crying so I took her out of the theater not worrying about the spilt soda pop on the floor. When she fell asleep I cam e back in and Jason decided to sit on the floor and watch the movie. His pants with soaked through to his bare bum in root beer. At this point I was so ready to go home. When the movie ended Jaxson decided to start Heeleying in between the rows as fast as he could. I yelled at him to stop and he ignored my plea and continued racing through the seats. After he finally listened I told him I was taking away his wheels until I felt he was responsible enough to get them back. Not even an hour later Jaxson decided to put Reagan on his bed to play. He left her on the bed and sure enough she fell off and hit her head. I believe she suffered a mild concussion, however I did not go to the doctor to confirm I just sat with her and watched her that afternoon. By the time dinner rolled around I was at my quits end, however Jaxson being his normal self decided to eat his dinner, not over the table but over the roll and I watched as he dropped and spilled his dinner all over the floor. It is amazing to me what experiences you can have in a 48 hour period. It makes for good conversation and Jaxson is oblivious to the crazy things he is doing. Oh the life of a boy!!!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
He is exhausting! You just couldn't win! Not sure that I am looking forward to having a 6 yr old son one day! But don't worry...I am sure that Reagan growing up is going to be a breeze! ha ha! You have your work cut out for you!
Oh my goodness. Is this what I have in store for me? All your post were seriously cracking me up! You've had quite the week! I love Jaxson's Pirate birthday theme. How fun! I am SO princessed out right now that I'm actually looking forward to doing "boy" stuff like that! :-)
Wow! What fun! I do believe however, it is just a boy thing. Unfortunately it starts at 2 years old. From reading your experience, it looks like mine has just begun and not going to end anytime soon. CRAP!
Well you have just confirmed that Lydia will not be getting Heelys....ever! Sounds like tons of fun for you
Suddenly, I'm even more thrilled that I'm having a girl! :) Here I thought Jaxson could do no wrong.
Post a Comment