Sunday, May 11, 2008

MOTHERS DAY





On Mothers Day I couldn't help but think about all the things I am grateful for about being a mom despite the every day woes of motherhood including...

Non stop jabber and questions from three different kids, especially when you are on the phone, watching American Idol, talking to other adult or trying to have a moment of quiet time.

Answering the same question over and over because your children do not understand. This is all because they are trying to be involved in a conversation you they were not intended to be involved with.

The constant picking up on everything in your house because your 1 year old likes to throw toys down the stairs, throw things out of drawers and scatter them everywhere, pull clothes out of drawers and then carry them around, until she finds something more interesting to play with.

Listening to a 2 minute story that takes 10 minutes to spit it out.

Washing your hands 30 times a day, due to changing diapers, washing bottles and cleaning up dirty kids; which results in cracked, dry and bleeding knuckles and hands.

Not being able to get a single thing done all day because your baby wants constant attention and has to be everywhere you are, but right in the way.

Trying three or four things for lunch because your kids won't eat what you fixed them first.

Piles and piles of laundry, which never ends. I love Mondays!

And then there is cleaning the house! My favorite is when I just washed the floor and darling kids, decide to eat with their mouths open and crumbs go everywhere. That is also when the punch gets spilled and the floor is sticky yet again. Can't it be clean for just one day?

Homework you don't understand. How are you supposed to help your children? My kids used to think I was smart until I said go ask your teacher, I don't know the answer.


But then I think about all the things I love about being a mom...

I love that my children are so forgiving and love me in spite of my shortcomings; including lack of patience and yelling.

I love that my children want to tell me everything that is important to them and what they have learned each day.

I love that when they know mom is mad they try to be good and do the things they know will make me happy.

I love when they pick up their rooms and get so excited for me to inspect it and tell them what a good job they did.

I love that it doesn't take much to entertain them and that just being with mom makes them happy.

I love that what I say to them matters and that they want to be good kids and want to please me.

I love that they can be silly and make each other laugh, even when it is not the most convenient time.

I love that they want me to tuck them in at night and give them a big hug and kiss.

I especially love the smiles on their cute little faces when they are happy and I love that they are happy most of the time and can make me happy too!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL OF YOU!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You're a great mom! Love you!

Kacey said...

You just described my life perfectly...the love's AND dislove's of being a Mom. I loved this!!!

(that is a great picture too!)