Wednesday, May 14, 2008

TRIALS OF RAISING A 6 YEAR OLD BOY - PART 2

It's been about 6 weeks since my last post about Jaxson and his wild behavior, well he's at it again. I wish I could glue his feet to the floor to keep him grounded.

Saturday morning we were clothes shopping for the kids, because the kids were so bored, Dan took them out of the store and was running around with them. During this time we discovered that some of our neighbors were playing in a piano recital at the mall, so they decided to watch. Jaxson being the smart person he is, decided to climb up a column in the mall wearing his flip-flops. Of course he came crashing down, smack down on his forehead on the tile floor. Dan came back into the store I was shopping ans said "I hope you didn't have plans for family pictures any time soon." Jaxson was in his arms with a bloody nose and had the BIGGEST goose bump I have ever seen! (I was ready to throw up at the sight of it.) This goose bump stuck out an inch from his forehead and was a giant rectangle, blood was also running down his face onto both Dan and Jaxson's clothing. Mall security showed up with an ice pack and we laid Jaxson down in the stroller while we finished up our shopping.

Throughout the day, Jaxson continued to climb on things. I can't tell you how many times I had to tell him to keep his feet on the floor. THEY NEVER LEARN!

Later that same day Jaxson was playing catch with his friend Mathis, unfortunately for Jaxson the baseball landed right on his big toe, smashing and bruising it underneath. He will be lucky if he doesn't loose his toe nail.

And last but not least, last night Jaxson was out on the driveway (in his flip flops) jumping on his pogo stick. He is getting rather good at this and he knows it, so he decided to jump really high over and over. This is when I could tell he was over to loose control, and sure enough the crash happening right before my eyes. He came tumbling down, smack on his face,falling on top of the pogo stick. This is when the black eye appeared next to the goose bump on his forehead.

I'm not quite sure if it is going to be harder for me or Jaxson getting through these next several year of being a rambunctiou boy.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Angela, I was cringing just reading that! Sounds VERY PAINFUL!!! You have a long road ahead of you!

Kacey said...

Oh dear! Ouch, Ouch, and Ouch again! (It sounds like you stayed so calm though through all these ordeals.)
This puts fear in me of what my future holds with Dallin as he is already a climber into everything!

Douglas Anderson said...

As I read it I see and feel everything. Can you say he is related to his uncle Scott? I think I would get rid of the flip flops. And I would wrap that boy in bubble wrap. Good Luck!

Tammy said...

I cringe at what I have to look forward too! I am praying for a miracle!

Jared English said...

I want to see pictures! Those are some awesome war wounds that should be shared with the world (or at least his uncle.)