I had the opportunity to read a book, this weekend, entitled "A Heart Like His." (by Virginia H. Pearce) I feel inspired by her words and the experiments she suggests you try, in order to open up your heart to God and feel his love.
This book had me reflecting about my own life and the things I need to change in order to become a better person, mother and wife. One of the quotes in the book was from President Gordan B. Hinckley, which is a new favorite for me:
"Be not faithless, but believing." Believe in yourselves. Believe in your capacity to do some good in this world. God sent us here for a purpose, and that was to improve the world in which we live. The wonderful thing is that we can do it.
I know I need to really focus on opening my heart to others, being a more positive person and serving. I need an adjustment, one where I am more aware of others, concerned with their needs and not my own. I need to focus more on the positive things in life and spend more time serving others. I have a renewed attitude after reading this book, and I am excited about the changes I can make in my life if I try and make an effort to see his love around me day after day.
I know God does love me, one of the reminders of his love I received while reading this book on a plane. I was returning home form California, when I looked out the window and saw the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. I wish I would have been able to capture it in a photo; however it is captured in my mind. The sky literally was a rainbow of colors. The top of the sunset was blue, followed by green, yellow, orange and red. The mountains under the red sky were purple completing all the colors of the rainbow. There is no doubt in my mind that the Lord loves us, or he wouldn't of created these amazing moments for us to be a part of. It is yet another simple reminder of his love for us.
I am going to take take out of each day to remember the simple beauty and love our Father in Heaven has for us. As it is a reminder to me, who I am and where I am going.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment